Hey guys! I absolutely love thrifting and finding good deals and clothing that no one else is going to have, so in light of all that I thought I would show you guys my favorite thrifted tops from 2012!!
1) This gorgeous embroidered white top, that goes extremely well with ANYTHING! I love pairing this top with a pair of light denim high waist shorts. I like to transition this into the colder months too, by adding some tights and a knitted cardigan. The embroidered design in the front is done so intricately, I'm surprised they only priced it at $1.50! Thrift stores completely blow my god damn mind!!!
2) This top is a really cute granny knit. I absolutely love plain tank tops, but I feel like cotton tank tops are a little common, so I absolutely lovee scouting for knitted tank tops when I hit the thrift. I immediately snatched this when I saw it in the store for only 75 cents! You might think that this particular item screams: "weather confused", as the top is essentially a tank top more for the summer time, while the material is a knit more for the winter. But I say this tank top can be for both weathers! I like to wear this by itself when it's hot and with layers over it when it's cold. I love how color accents as well! :)
3) This is probably my most favorite thrifted top, this top was something I was looking for since forever! When I found it in the thrift store for 50 cents, yeah, you heard me, 50 cents, I almost died of joy!!! I love this top so much, I'd like to say it's crochet, but I'm not too sure as it doesn't feel like any of my other crochet pieces. Anywho, I think it's just a great summer tank top. It hangs around my hip bones and goes well with everything. Also, it makes my chest look really great too! Haha
4) This top is a little different from the rest, for one, it has sleeves, and also, it's not completely white/cream! Now I'm not a huge stripes fan, I know they're timeless and so easy to wear and yadayada but the whole nautical trend has never really phased me, but this top I feel, though has stripes incorporated into it, has no resemblance of the the nautical trend at all! Which is why I adore it! This top is super old school and I feel as if it could have come right off the movie sets of "Clueless" or "Jawbreaker", two movies which you definitely have to watch if you haven't already by the way!! I like the butch and squared shoulder look it gives me. I know a squared shoulder is not the desirable look to achieve in today's society but I just love looking like a man sometimes!
5) This last top was actually a DIY project. I bought this huge ass shirt with long sleeves home from the thrift for $1.50 for my internship last year at the Movenpick Hotel. When my internship ended, I didn't know what to do with the top so I thought I'd crop it and cut the sleeves off. My grandma was nice enough to hem the top for me and now it looks like this! To be honest, I don't think the photo above does this top much justice! It just looks crinkly and awkward but it's not trust me! This top also looks super short, but I'm only 5'2, so on me it's just perfect! I absolutely love wearing this top with high waist denim, it's just so cute!
Sorry about the crinkly photos, I might do some OOTDs featuring these pieces in the future to show the full potential of each xxoxox.
Do you like thrifting? I DO!